Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Heiress

First book I have read by the author. I enjoyed it. I could not put it down, I love finding new authors for myself and this one is great.

The heroine, Axia– spitfire at its finest, smart, beautiful and can do a lot of things, dialogue is awesome. He had me laughing so many times. It has been a while that a heroine has gotten under my skin like that.

The hero, Jamie was charming impoverished earl who is in desperate need of money but is very proud to ask for help from relatives. I liked his honesty and the conflict he had between love and money. I like the banter between him and Axia a lot, I like it when she received 2 marriage proposals in front of him. You just have to read it.

Some books have a lot of description of surroundings and such and you still can not envision a place well, this book was not like that, it was lead mainly by the dialogue with very little description (except Axia’s paintings and those, especially the wagon are vivid) but the picture In my mind of the events was great. I highly recommend this book and I am on the lookout for more from this author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment